Unfortunately, the answer is no. You must be sixty-two even if you are caring for a child of your ex-spouse who is younger than sixteen, or if you are taking care of your ex-spouse’s child who became disabled prior to turning twenty-two. If your ex-spouse dies and you are caring for his or her young or disabled children, you would potentially be eligible for a mother or father’s benefit.